Antique Tractor Pull Rules
This set of rules, dated April I, 2006, supercedes all previous rules by the Officers and Directors of BMAGSEA.
In the interest of safety to participants and spectators, these rules are to be read and obeyed by all participants.
Blue Mt. Antique Gas & Steam Engine Engine Assn. lnc. (BMAGSEA) and it's Officers and Directors
reserve the right to disqualify any participant upon infraction of these rules.
Eligibilty of Contestant
I. Driver must be 16 years of age or older and must posess a valid PA (or state ofreside.nce) drivers license. (no learners, farm pennits or exceptions).
2. Obvious or excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages will be grounds for disqualification.
3. Foul or abusive language will be grounds for disqualification.
4. Drivers must follow safety guidelines:
Drivers must be firmly seated in the seat at all times in a forward normal unright position. No standing or bouncing permitted. Drivers must have at least one hand on the steering wheel except when operating brakes on hand brake models. Feet must be in general vicinity of clutch and brake at all times.
5. Tractors must be operated in a safe manner at all times using lowest gear on and off the track.
Eligibility of Tractors
6. Tractors up to 1949 will pull in an Antique Division, while tractors between 1949 and 1960 will pull in a Classic Division . Any tractor in question as to being within these years limits must bave a serial number in proper place that can be easily read. Tractors must have stock block and no external parts manufactured for tractors built outside class limits. Any tractor that has a serial number or other parts to make a newer tractor appear legal will be disqualified. Responsibility for proof of eligibility shall lie with the owner.
7. Tractors must be wheel driven. No dual wheel or tire chains. Crawler class to be established if enough interest is shown.
8. All fans, PTO or exposed moving parts must be shielded. Seats must be stationary, fore and aft. No essential equipment can be removed.
9. All tractors must be pulled in lowest gear
10. Original type rigid draw bar with a rigid clevis or fixed pulling eye to be 20 inches or lower at pulling point. lf clevis or fixed pulling eye is not used, the highest point of pull will be measured (top of draw bar, washers, or back of twisted clevis). Minimum of 18 inches behind center of axle to pulling point and minimum of 2 , inch opening in bitching eye , 2 point and 3 point hitches must be made rigid to prevent lifting during pulling.
II. Any fuel mixture other than gasoline or diesel fuel will be grounds for disqualification.
12. Any engine speed over I0% RPM will be grounds for disqualification. No allowance will be tolerated. RPM will be checked with throttle in the fully open position. Throttles will be opened by the Judge. Only tractors in question will be checked and may be checked just after unhooking.
13. Tractors will be weighed and placed in WEIGHT classes: 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500,4000,4500,5000,5500,6000,6500,7500,8000,9000.
14. Eligibility or tractors according to weight classes:
~2500 pound class -no 6 eyeIinder engines, tires not to exceed 8x32 or IOx24 wheel weights only.
~3000-3500 pound class- no 6 cylinder engines, tires not to exceed 12.4x 38 or 12x24, wheel weight only
~4000-4500 pound class-6 cylinder allowed ,tires not to exceed 13.6x 38 or 14.9x 34 , suit case and or wheel weights allowed.
~5000-6500 pound class • 6 cylinder allowed , tires not to exceed 15.5 x 38 or 16.9 x 34, suit case and or wheel weights allowed.
~7500-9000 pound class.6 cylinder allowed, tires not to exceed 16.9 x 38 or 18.4 x 34 , suit case and or wheel weights allowed.
15. In all classes if weights are put on front the weight itself must not exceed more than 12 inches past front tires. The weight must not interfere with the steering and or operation of tractor. Weight must be mounted, bolted or secured as to not fall off when tractor is in motion. Falling or moving weights will be grounds for disqualification.
16. Tractors must stop immediately upon RED FLAG SIGNAL from the Judge or be disqualified. lf the track Judge stops the puUer for any reason, the puller takes the distance wbere he was stopped, except within the first 25 feet. He is entitled
to one restart.
17. NO ONE ALLOWED ON THE TRACK EXCEPT OFFICIALS AND THE PULLER, NO CHILDREN OR EXTRA RIDERS ON TRACTORS . ONLY ONE PERSON MAY BE ON A TRACTOR IN MOTION.
18. Only two books allowed each tractor, unless a tie is declared in top-placing tractors. If disqualification is ruled on a top-placing tractor, all other tractors move up in placing. Excessive time will not be allowedfor each pull.
19. Tractors will be stopped if front end raises higher than Judge decided is safe. Wheelie bars are acceptable for safety, but are not required, all slack must be out of the sled pulling chain before starting pull. No jackrabbit starts. No puller shall start pulling until given a GREEN FLAG SIGNAL, from the track judge.
20. First tractor to pull in each class will be the test puller. Test puller will have the option to retain that distance of the first pull, or of dropping to third position and pulling again. If test puller elects to pull in third position, he forfeits first distance pulled.
21 . Any tractor or contestant may be protested, for rules violation or safety reasons, at any time by any member or contestant until fmal placing of the class. A protest judge or judges shall be selected for each pull. Track and protest judges will be current members of BMAGSEA.
22. ALL JUDGES DECISIONS WILL BE FINAL.
NOTE: It is BMAGSEA's intention for this Antique Tractor Pull to be a fun event. We urge participants to conform to the rules and to keep all tractors in as near stock condition as possible as to make an interesting and fun event for competitors and spectators alike. THANK YOU!!!!!!